Ready to relax with this mint and eucalyptus essential oil bath melt? This delightful and simple recipe is solid enough to not melt in your hands, yet melts easily in a nice hot bath. The cooling sensation of menthol in concert with the hot bath water creates the perfect soothing cold/hot bath for sore muscles. The sweet smell of eucalyptus helps to calm the senses so that you can let both your mind and body relax.
Follow along with the video or jump below for written instructions and links to ingredients.
Equipment You’ll Need
• Stovetop safe beaker or pot
• Measuring cups/spoons or scale
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Approximate yield: 1 Pound – approximately 16 – 1oz bars
Approximate cost per pound: $11.51
Suggested packaging: plastic bag or custom packaging
Suggested retail price: $3 – $5 per bar
Ingredient Lbs Kitchen %
Menthol Crystals 0.0082 1 Tsp 0.82%
USDA Certified Organic Shea Butter 0.6885 1 ¾ Cup 68.85%
USDA Certified Organic Cocoa Butter Wafers 0.2951 ¾ Cup 29.51%
Eucalyptus Essential Oil 0.0082 1 Tsp 0.82%
Directions – Mint & Eucalyptus Bath Melt
1. Gently Melt the cocoa butter wafers and shea butter. These both melt at very low temps so be sure not to heat above 120F -130F.
2. Once butters are fully melted, remove from heat and stir in menthol crystals.
3. Once temp is at 120F, stir in Eucalyptus Essential Oil.
4. Immediately pour into molds of your choice. We recommend using silicon soap molds for best results.
5. Place in cool room, refrigerator, or freezer until set. This will happen quickly if in the refrigerator or freezer.
6. Once bars are solid, remove from mold and enjoy your new bath melts!
Please note that this recipe has not been challenge tested for preservation efficacy. If you use this recipe for market sales, it is up to you to ensure the safety of the product.