Aloe gel is one of the best known natural remedies for soothing skin. It’s so common, you will likely find it in almost every beach-goer’s summer bag. If you grew up anything like I did, your mom always had aloe gel handy if you happened to spend too much time in the sun. You might think that all aloe gels are the same, and maybe a little boring, but that’s simply not true!
We are very happy to announce the release of USDA-certified Organic Aloe Gel. This is one of the few certified organic aloe gels available, and the only one made with gravity-fed, mountain rainwater from the Pacific Northwest Bull Run water source! We didn’t stop there, Essential has created a line of all new organically preserved, brightly colored aloe gels inspired by our favorite poolside beverages! We have a pretty pink, Shirley Temple Gel, an Oregon-original Marionberry Martini Gel, a sophisticated Moscow Mule Gel (the ginger is amazing!) and a mouth watering Passionfruit Daiquiri Gel. All are made using the new, USDA-certified Organic Aloe Gel as a base and with natural, fractionally distilled fragrances and plant based natural color. The best part, you can order a sample pack that includes all of the drink inspired gels along with USDA-certified Organic Blueberry Aloe Gel and USDA Certified Organic Aloe Gel! Plus, the sample pack contains a few little extra bonuses (we won’t spoil the surprise) inside.
These new gels make you cool!
If you live in a hot, dry climate, you know how nice and cool it feels when you get out of the water and then it begins to evaporate off your skin. This is simply because as it evaporates, the water is carrying away heat leaving a pleasant cooling sensation. In humid climates, this is not as noticeable as the water tends to evaporate more slowly. So what does this have to do with these new cooling gels? All of the gels in the new sample pack are preserved with USDA-certified Organic Cane Alcohol. Alcohol evaporates much more quickly than water, even in humid climates, carrying away heat as it does so, and leaves a wonderful, cooling sensation on your skin. If there is even a slight breeze, this sensation is more noticeable and absolutely amazing on a hot day! You might be wondering if the alcohol will dry out your skin. We’ve thought about that, too and to prevent drying, we added USDA Certified Organic Vegetable Glycerin. Glycerin is a powerful humectant and will work to keep your skin moisturized. As the alcohol evaporates, it leaves that nice cooling sensation, while the glycerin and aloe juice stay on the skin leaving it soft, soothed, and moisturized.
So Many Gels, So Many Uses!
There is more that one use for these gels! Check out these cool ideas!
- You can use them as a base for shaving, we even made an instructional video on how to make a Foaming Shave Gel using USDA Certified Organic Blueberry Aloe Gel.
- Use as a waterl-ess hand cleanser. If you’re at the beach or your favorite swimming hole or traveling, it may not be convenient to use soap and water, but these gels work nicely to clean hands without the need for soap and water.
- Use as a styling gel! Yep, that’s right! You can even use these gels in your hair to keep fly-aways tamed and give your hair a little style. This can make traveling light a little easier.
- Use to soothe skin. This is how most of us use aloe gel, but it’s worth mentioning that these gels are very soothing so feel free to apply after spending a summer day outdoors for soothing skin.
- Also, though these products may look and smell delicious enough to drink, please note they are for external use only!