If you love spending time outdoors enjoying nature, or if you just want that fresh-from-the-forest smell, this unisex deodorant is for you! This fast and easy recipe uses our pre-blended deodorant base enhanced with Scotch Pine Essential Oil and Bergamot Essential Oil for a beautifully customized, unisex scent. Sweet Almond Oil, Cocoa Butter, and Shea combine to create a moisturizing base perfect for sensitive underarm skin. Scotch Pine Essential Oil helps keep odors away and blends beautifully with Bergamot Essential Oil. Similarly, you can add in or substitute Benzoin Resin for an earthy, sweet, slightly balsamic note. Above all, our unisex deodorant recipe keeps you smelling clean and fresh without the use of aluminum or other harmful ingredients!
While this recipe was designed specifically with underarms in mind, it can also work beautifully as a balm for any area that needs intensive moisturization (hands, feet, knees, elbows, etc.)
Equipment You’ll Need
- Hot plate, stove top, or microwave
- Glass or stainless steel pot (for melting deodorant)
- Thermometer (laser or candy thermometer)
- Deodorant tubes
Ingredients 1 lb
- Deodorant (Melt & Pour) – 1 lb
- Scotch Pine Essential Oil – 2 tbsp
- Bergamot Essential Oil – 1 tbsp
- Optional: substitute either essential oil for Benzoin Resin at a 1:1 ratio, or add 1 tsp of Benzoin Resin to the mixture for a sweet, earthy, vanilla-reminiscent note
Instructions – Unisex Deodorant
1. Fully melt deodorant on a medium-low to medium setting in a stainless steel pot, or melt in a Pyrex bowl in the microwave.
2. Add essential oils when temperature of deodorant is 110F or lower.
3. Pour off into deodorant tubes, jars, or the packaging of your choice suited for a solid balm.
4. Wait for deodorant to cool to a solid, then cap and use!
This unisex deodorant recipe is perfect for camping, the gym, and anywhere on-the-go! It makes a perfect addition to any natural skincare brand, especially lines geared toward sports care or active lifestyles.
Have you tried this recipe? How did it go? Tell us in the comments—we’d love to hear from you!