Cocoa butter wafers are easy to work with and the results are heavenly. Cocoa has a long and passionate history. It is believed that either the ancient Olmec or the Maya were the first to cultivate fruit from the cacao tree around 1000 B.C.E. According to one of the legends, cacao cultivation was initiated by the Mayan demigod king Hunahpu, making cacao of divine origin.
Cocoa Butter is a solid fat expressed from the roasted cacao seed. The cacao tree is cultivated in most tropical countries and is native to South America. This wonderful butter has a pleasant chocolate like aroma that marries well with whatever chocolate goes with. Wine, mint, orange, you name it . . . it’s delectable.
You will take the divine tradition of cocoa to a new level with your own DIY Whipped Chocolate Mint Massage Butter!
To make DIY Whipped Chocolate Mint Massage Butter you will need:
0.05 oz Hazelnut oil
0.05 oz Kukui nut oil
0.05 oz Sweet almond oil
3.2 oz Certified organic jojoba oil
0.25 oz Peppermint 3x essential oil
0.01 oz Muscle Essential Oil Blend
This recipe yields approximately one pound of whipped butter making it is easy to scale up for future use. This recipe is easiest to make if you pre-measure your ingredients before you begin. All measurements are by weight, not volume so a good scale is important.
- Melt 8.8 oz organic cocoa butter wafers on low heat until completely liquid.
- Add .05 oz hazelnut oil, .05 oz coffee oil CP, .05 oz Kukui Nut Oil, .05 oz sweet almond oil, and 3.2 oz certified organic jojoba oil, and mix gently. If you prefer other carrier oils, you can certainly use them however, the Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter ratio must stay the same to make this recipe work.
- Add 3 oz organic shea butter to the melted cocoa butter/oil mix. There is no need to melt the shea butter as the heat of the melted cocoa butter should be enough it quickly dissolve the shea.
- Once all your ingredients are combined, use a hand held mixer, not a stick blender, to whip the mixture together for 2-3 minutes.
- Put the mix in the freezer for 10 minutes, or until you see a thin layer of solids forming on the top of the mixture and around the sides of the bowl.
- Remove from the freezer and whip approximately 2 minutes or until light and fluffy looking
- Place the mix back in the freezer for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the mix from the freezer and add 0.25 oz peppermint essential oil triple distilled and 0.01 oz muscle essential oil blend.
- Whip the mixture again.
- Your Chocolate Mint Whipped Butter should be light and fluffy, but if it is not quite light enough, simply alternate between a ten-minute sequester in the freezer to a 2-3 minute whipping until it has exactly the texture and consistency you want.
- If you accidentally leave it in the freezer for more than ten minutes, don’t worry. Just spend a little more time whipping it back into shape and it will be good as new!
As soon as your Chocolate Mint Whipped Butter is just as you like it, it is ready to package and enjoy!